Monday 6 April 2009

A psalm

I do not claim to be any kind of a psalmist, but we were encouraged in youth last night to write our very own psalm to God. A psalm is raw and personal and honest. I got this picture of a tree, and just ran with it. I'm not exactly King David so go easy on me.


O Tree of life, bear good fruit
The branches of your grace reach out across the nations
You promise sanctuary and comfort for the wanderer
You have been my rock, my strong tower in these times of trouble
You have sheltered me from the bullets the world throws at me
From your bark a cross was made to pay for my sin
I thank you Lord, and surrender


Be a source of healing for my broken heart
and nutrition for my soul
Mould me to be a tree just like ou
Something that you can use
that I may bear good fruit for Your kingdom
You appeared to Moses, a blaze of beauty
Yet no char was found
Cleanse me with Holy fire, leave no trace of impurity.
May my roots be sown in righteousness
And the truth of Your Word
Bound by your Spirit
A Strength not of my own but Yours
For Yours be the glory
Amen

2 comments:

Question of Identity said...

"Go easy on me"?
Chris this is beautiful!

Have a most God blessed Easter!

Neil

JamezFarmez said...

"Cleanse me with Holy fire, leave no trace of impurity.
May my roots be sown in righteousness..."

Love that bro - really great.