Thursday 9 July 2009

faith begats faith

As I return from my travels in Africa and move on to Romania with the youth group, I'm feeling rather emotionless. I do not feel sorrow, I do not feel joy, just overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I'm having to take in, in such a short space of time, with no time in between to digest it all.

One thing I have learnt though is that...

faith begats faith

I'll explain what I mean. Simply put that means, the more faith one exercises the more faith one receives. When I try to step out in faith, the more faith I have that God can do more immeasurably that I can imagine. The more I resist the urge to say silent and speak the word of God, the more daring I become for the kingdom. The more I hand over my burdens to God, the more and more I see Him move in my life.

Faith itself is described as a Spiritual gift in 1 Cor 12. I believe everyone has a measure of this gift in their lives, for example it takes some faith just to believe in Jesus Christ. But like any Spiritual gift, you have to practice at it in order for it to improve. It requires a step of faith just to act out a gift.

So my prayer for Romania for myself and indeed all the youth is that we will step out in faith, speaking out God's word, prophesying, praying without ceasing, loving unconditionally, claiming the Kingdom of God, in order to grow in even more faith. If it requires only the faith of a mustard seed to move a mountain, just imagine what God could do with a group of 15 young people (one not so young! =D ) who are growing their faith everyday by exercising faith. God bless you and see you in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

JamezFarmez said...

Looking forward to hearing more amazing tales as you exercise that faith muscle bro. Have a great time on this next adventure.