Tuesday 25 September 2007

Honey Monster

I had to take my hamster honey to the vet today. I was letting her run about when I thought I saw her limping. But on closer inpection in turned out she had actually lost a patch of hair the size of my thumb beside her leg. I freaked out, I couldn't believe I had only noticed it now, given I usually let her out every day. So I took her to the vet and he said that she had this hereditary thing where some form of mite lies dormant on her skin from birth, and when it becomes active she would lose her hair, and apparently it will get worse before it gets better


So he give her an injection to take out the mite, and as he injected her she was in obvious pain, and she give me this look of 'how could you do this to me'. I felt so incredibily bad; I felt like a daddy who had just scolded their child for the first time. Then I thought, I wonder is this how God feels when bad stuff happens to us. Too often we say to God why have you done this to me, and just like it pained me to give honey that injection, it breaks God's heart to see us go though things that hurt us.

But I let her have that injection for the greater good. Honey may never appreciate that the reason why I gave her it was so that she could grow her hair back, and in the same way, when God lets us go through stuff that we find difficult, we need to appreciate that God has greater wisdom than we do (just like I had greater wisdom than honey), and He has a greater plan and we will benefit in some way in the future, we just need to trust Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool nice story! enjoyed reading it, take care mate

Amorette Kristina with rum in her ribena.. said...

i miss this. your incredible way of portraying your feelings for God that elevate me more than you'll ever know. you my lovely are a true moon. miss you. your english muffin (aka Ammy) xx