Thursday 1 November 2007

Housekeeping


Last weekend I decided to give my student flat a good ol' once over clean. After a while I really got into it cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, living room and my bedroom. I vacuumed floors, wiped benches, cleaned sinks, tidied up, done dishes, I even washed the bathroom mats!

It took me a couple of hours and afterwards I was exhausted. I only do this about once a month, and I began to think, wow! how does my mother do this every week, twice a week in such a big house. How does she get the motivation to do it on top of having to cook, look after children, wash & iron clothes, and work a part-time job on top of it all.

I think it is clear that all of us under-appreciate what exactly mummies do for us, because it really is amazing! We tend to only celebrate the things mums do on mothers day (of which I am a culprit), and I think this is wrong, we should give our appreciation everyday. So here is toast to mummies everywhere! my mum ---->

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YER MA