Saturday 26 April 2008

Role Models

I was reflecting the other day on some of the things I've become and the people who have influenced my life in so many amazing ways and I would just like to honour some of them here (there are others of course so don't feel left out!).

David McMullen -
This man is the epitomy of humility. His unquenchable thirst for only the things of God, and desire to do everything he can for the people around him, has really taught me alot. Thanks for all the lifts and encouragement mate.

Mark Russell -
When he was my youth pastor his passion and zeal for God used to stir up my heart. He was the man who convinced me to take God seriously. He has taught me so much about scripture and stepping out in faith as well as just being a good mate. He is an inspiration with the way God blesses his ministry because of his obedience to his calling.

Peter Fryer -
As good a friend as anyone can ask for. We have had so many class chats ranging from tennis geekiness to life and scripture. Despite being in different worlds most of the time he always makes time for me. He is an awesomely talented man in so many areas, and has given me example in how to get things done in life.

Melanie Baird -
My loving girlfriend. One of the few I can take constructive criticism from. Makes me wanna do better and be better. Doesn't let me away with anything short of my best. She has taught me how to love (in a totally non-cheesy way!)

and of course Jesus but that goes without saying...

1 comment:

Mark Russell said...

Awh Chris, I am deeply touched by these comments. Thank you for being such a blessing, and encouragement to me. I can look at you, and see how alive you are in Christ, and realise I did something right in my ministry. Come over and visit soon ! love mark