Wednesday 30 July 2008

West Cork

I had the pleasure of spending the last week on the Sheep's head (see below) near Bantry in West Cork. It took me over 12 hours and multiple bus journeys to get from Dollingstown to Bantry via Belfast, Dublin Airport, Dublin and Cork (see above). This magical place is less popular than others on our little Island but it has quickly become my favourite.

There is much to do around here such as fishing on Bantry Bay (see right), sailing in Adrigole, the market in Bantry, visit the many towns & islands, Ceiledh's in many local pubs, eating out at the many lovely restaurants around, climbing mountains (only in Ireland would you find mountains names Hungry Hill & Sugar Loaf!), or simply just savouring the local scenery which in my opinion is the best the country has to offer.


One place I have yet to go but would love to is Sherkan Island. I hear it has beautiful sandy beaches and an amazing surf!

No comments: