Saturday 13 September 2008

my foot take two

Some people may remember the horrific picture of my left ankle after going over it when I was climing slieve commedagh a few years back. For those who have not yet seen it, or would like to be reminded, check the links below to see what I mean...

http://file010a.bebo.com/large/2006/04/11/00/250301291a575657356b667010685l.jpg


Well today it was the turn of my right ankle. I was bitten on Thursday by some repugnant little creature whilst playing tennis in the park during the twilight of the evening. I didn't think much of it, because I seem to get bitten regularly these days (although up until a few years back I never used to!), but today I felt a discomfort that can only be described like old woman ankles. So I rolled back my trouser-leg, pulled off my socks and lo and behold, my foot & ankle were the size of a cricket bat! I have no idea how such a little bite could cause such an angry reaction but there you have it. Just as a warning, if you are squeamish, you may just want to look away now...


On a philisophical note, apparently I have an above average number of feet.

3 comments:

... said...

ouch

Anonymous said...

That's one nasty bite - did you get it checked out? How long befroe it returns to normal?

Neil

Chris Scorah said...

yeh, apparently it got infected and I am on antibiotics. I have to give it a week. Wasn't aware we had such creatures that could cause a reaction like that in the UK!