Friday 5 December 2008

hd projectorness

This is where my geeky side comes out. I recently bought an HD projector for a very reasonable amount of money. I have it on my wall at the moment covering 100inches. (picture below in comparison with a standard tv), without compromising any of the hd quality. It's been amazing to watch my favourite tv shows and have people round to play games on it, but I hope to give it some real purpose in the future.

Part of me feels quite bad about spending a significant sum of money on a luxury item like this. I guess at the time I viewed it as a bit of a Birthday/Christmas/Comfort present to myself. I justified it by saying I am working and saving hard this year, this was my one treat, but there really isnt any excuse is there!

Anyway, the Optoma HD700X comes highly recommended to anyone interested out there.

2 comments:

Brian said...

where did you get it? We need one for some stuff we do here in Ibiza....

Chris Scorah said...

I found that projector on amazon.co.uk was £400 when I got it, but has gone up to £450. You can get it for £400 though if you click on other sellers. There are descent cheaper alternatives but none in High Def. Happy Christmas!