Monday 30 November 2009

Another Psalm

This week in my tutor group, I encouraged everyone to try and write a psalm. I was able to scratch something down in the short space of time, and like my first attempt, this is very raw so please don't be too hard.

Rock of Ages, Giver of truth
I stand firm upon Your foundations
You give source to this light
Supplication for my needs
Strength in my heart
Hope for my spirit
You have made all things new

I praise You for Your faithfulness O' God
You have raised me up from the miry clay
Inspire my soul to do Your will O Lord
For none can match mighty works!
It is futile even to try
They are like the waves of the ocean
Untameable, unrelenting, irresistable

So my life I offer to thee
Creator and Sustainer of all things
To lift up Your name
To serve the purposes of Your kingdom
And at the foot of the cross is where I'll find You
My sanctuary where You restore my soul

Come in power my king
The rocks are crying out for Your glory!

No comments: