Sunday 30 December 2007

I am Legend

I went to see the new Will Smith movie - 'I am Legend'. It's about this guy who seems to be the only survivor in New York city from a deadly virus that wiped out the majority of the population. I have heard mixed opinions on this movie, but for me - I really liked it. I thought the storyline was really well laid out to the viewer and the tension had you gripped the whole way through. Without giving too much away for those who haven't yet seen it, the only bit that was disappointing was when they introduced a new character, they protrayed that particular scene a little cheesy for my liking. Aside from that this movie gets my thumbs up. It would have Melanie's as well except she really never got over what happened to the dog!

There was one particular line that resounded with me, and I think this is a great message to everyone out there. It was when someone asked smith how could God create such a thing, and smith replied with...

"God didn't do this, we did"

It was the humans who accidently created the virus. If anyone wants to know the reason why there is pain or suffering out there, it's because man does the evil, not God.

1 comment:

Question of Identity said...

Chris
I too saw the film and also enjoyed it immensely. Apart from as you say being filled with gripping tension, it was a story of someone with an amazing sacrificial heart.
It reminded me the Derbyshire village of Eyam. When the villagers realised the Plague had hit their little community, they decided to completely isolate themselves from everyone else, remaining cut off from their neighbouring villages until the Plague ended.
This is my first time on your blog (found it through Mark Russell's blog) and have rally enjoyed browsing through.
All the best with your new year's resolutions.
God bless
Neil