Wednesday 2 January 2008

resolutions

I find it surprising that the change of a single digit in a number inspires so many to want to change. It's probably for that shallow reason that people find it so hard to stick to the goals they set themselves.

Of course we actually take the turn of the year from Christ's birth and its Him in us that can help us make that change. My new years resolutions aren't that original:

1/ I want to be more bold in my faith
2/ To be closer to knowing what I'm doing when I graduate
3/ And to stop biting my nails!

At new year I always make the joke that I will give up my new years resolutions for lent but I won't be doing that this year! As a side note I find it amusing that in such a secular world they still take their dating system from Jesus's birth.

No comments: