Friday 15 February 2008

singletons day

Valentines day is many things, but in my humble opinion, it is not romantic....

What is so romantic about people being bullied by society into buying expensive gifts and paying twice as much as normal for dinner. Some might say that it is sweet to make the effort and it's the thought that counts, but it is hardly an effort to buy a stereotypical present, on a day you have been told to by everyone else; I mean where is the imagination in that! We should celebrate our love for each other every single day, not just one!!

I also have a certain distain for the day because it makes single people feel like crap. Melanie and I haven't really done anything big for vday. This year was kept low key in that we made each other dinner, and painted pictures for each other. I was proud of my effort in the cooking because I made a masala sauce from scratch!

No comments: