Friday 18 January 2008

next stop anywhere

Well I have finished my exams thank goodness and they went ok. Now, for the first time in my life I don't know where I am heading next. It never really entered my head before now that after those exams, I could finish my degree and I find myself wondering what my next move should be.

I could come back for another semester and improve some marks. I could start a PGCE in September. I could just earn money for the next few months. I could go travelling or do some form of mission work. I could apply for a professional job. In truth, I don't know what I want to do next, which is kind of exciting because I'm now in a place where I get to just follow where God leads instead of feeling I must do compulsory things or our society.

The famous phrase 'He who gives up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose' has been on my mind recently, and it has had me wary of making too many of my own plans or ambitions to the point where I can not let go of them. I want to say God I am a blank canvas, I give you my plans, do your will with me. So I will keep this posted for any developments, and if you have any suggestions or feel God moving you to tell me something, please do leave a comment!

1 comment:

Question of Identity said...

Chris

I have been praying for you, as you know, and I can't help wondering if you have talked to Mark Russell in considering your 'next stop'.

Neil