Sunday 27 January 2008

man's best friend

my dog died yesterday. His name was max and he has been the kingpin of my house for the last 12 years. The last year has been a constant battle to keep him alive as he seemed to just go from one thing to another but he always had a happy spirit.

I will miss him a lot. I felt so bad when we had to put him down. I wish there was some way we could ask him did he want us to keep trying or to just let him go. In the end it was putting him out of his pain

I wonder why we think it's ok to decide this for our pets yet it's considered such a moral grey area when it comes to human beings. How is it not wrong to put a dog out of it's misery but we can't turn a machine off for someone who really wants it. This is one where i don't know what the right answer is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor maxy. i miss him too

Anonymous said...

:(. It's weird that we were only talking about him a few weeks ago, and on Friday there I was telling my friend at uni all bout his epilepsy and how he was on tablets :(. Leah x